Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and ensure that you understand them before ordering any Goods from Our Site. You will be required to read and accept these Terms and Conditions when ordering Goods. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you will not be able to order Goods through Our Site.
These Terms and Conditions, as well as any and all Contracts are in the English language only.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
|“Contract”||means a contract for the purchase and sale of Goods;|
|“Confirmation”||means our acceptance and confirmation of your Order;|
|“Goods”||means the goods sold by Us through Our Site;|
|“Order”||means your order for Goods;|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Razer Photographic of 20 Tower Road, Earl Shilton, Leicestershire, LE9 7EG.|
2. Access to and Use of Our Site
- Access to Our Site is free of charge.
- Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
- Use of Our Site is subject to our Website Terms and Conditions. Please ensure that you have read them carefully and that you understand them.
3. Information About Us
- Our Site, Razerphotographic.com, is owned and operated by Razer Photographic of 20 Tower Road, Earl Shilton, Leicestershire, LE9 7EG.
4. Age Restrictions
- None of the Goods on Our Site may be purchased by anyone under 16 years of age, and users are confirming they meet this requirement upon accepting Our Site’s Terms and Conditions before purchase.
5. Goods, Pricing and Availability
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representations of Goods available from Us correspond to the actual Goods. Please note, however, the following:
- Images of Goods are for illustrative purposes only. There may be slight variations in colour between the image of a product and the actual product sold due to differences in computer displays and lighting conditions;
- The papers, dyes, chemicals and other materials used in our materials and manufacturing processes may, like other dyes, show trivial changes over time. These changes may be different from one production batch to another.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on Our Site are correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter, or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary.
- All pricing information is reviewed and updated every 3 months. Changes in price will not affect any order that you have already placed.
- All prices are checked by Us when We process your Order. In the unlikely event that We have shown incorrect pricing information, please note the following:
- We will contact you before proceeding with your Order to inform you of the mistake and to ask you how you wish to proceed. We will give you the option to purchase the Goods at the correct price or to cancel your Order (or the affected part thereof). We will not proceed with processing your Order until you respond. If We do not receive a response from you within 7 days We will treat your Order as canceled and notify you of the same in writing.
- All prices on Our Site include VAT. If the VAT rate changes between your Order being placed and Us taking payment, the amount of VAT payable will be automatically adjusted when taking payment.
- Delivery charges are not included in the price of Goods on Our Site. Delivery options and related charges will be presented to you as part of the order process.
6. Orders – How Contracts Are Formed
- Our Site will guide you through the ordering process. Before submitting your Order to Us you will be given the opportunity to review your Order and amend it. Please ensure that you have checked your Order carefully before submitting it.
- No part of Our Site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Only once Our acceptance is indicated by Us will there be a legally binding Contract between Us and you.
- Confirmations shall contain the following information:
- Confirmation of the Goods ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Goods;
- Fully itemised pricing for the Goods ordered including, where appropriate, delivery and other additional charges;
- Estimated delivery date(s) and time(s).
- If We, for any reason, do not accept or cannot fulfil your Order, no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances. If We have taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 2 to 4 weeks.
- Payment for Goods and related delivery charges must always be made in advance and you will be prompted to pay during the order process.
- We accept the following methods of payment on Our Site:
- Major Debit & Credit Cards including:- Visa, MasterCard and American Express;
8. Delivery, Risk and Ownership
- All Goods purchased through Our Site will normally be delivered within 5-7 working days unless otherwise stated (subject to delays caused by events outside of Our control).
- In the unlikely event that We fail to deliver the Goods within this time (unless caused by events outside of Our control), you may cancel your Order immediately:
- You may cancel all or part of your Order provided that separating the Goods in your Order would not significantly reduce their value;
- Any sums that you have already paid for canceled Goods and their delivery will be refunded to you;
- Please note that if any canceled Goods are delivered to you, you must return them to Us or arrange with Us for their collection. In either case, We will bear the cost of returning the canceled Goods.
- Delivery shall be deemed complete once We have delivered the Goods to the address including, where relevant, any alternative address provided in your Order.
- The risk in the Goods shall remain with Us until they come into your physical possession.
- Ownership of the Goods passes to you once delivery is complete.
9. Faulty, Damaged or Incorrect Goods
- By law, We must provide goods that are of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre-contract information We have provided, and that match any samples or models that you have seen or examined (unless We have made you aware of any differences).
- If any Goods you have purchased do not comply and, for example, have faults or are damaged when you receive them, or if you receive incorrect Goods, please contact Us as soon as reasonably possible to inform Us of the fault, damage or error, and to arrange for a refund, repair or replacement. Beginning on the day that you receive the Goods (and ownership of them) you have a 30 Calendar Day right to reject the Goods if they do not conform as stated above.
- We will bear any associated costs and will carry out the repair or replacement within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to you.
- In certain circumstances, where a repair or replacement is impossible or otherwise disproportionate, We may instead offer you a full refund.
- Please note that you will not be eligible to claim under this Clause if We informed you of the fault(s), damage or other problems with the Goods before your purchase of the them and you accepted these (and it is because of the same issue that you now wish to return them).
- If the problem has resulted from your misuse of the Goods; or if the problem is the result of normal wear and tear, misuse or intentional or careless damage, please note that you may not return Goods to Us under this Clause.
- To return Goods to Us for any reason under this Clause 11, please contact Us to arrange for a collection and return. We will be fully responsible for the costs of returning Goods under this Clause and will reimburse you where appropriate.
- Refunds (whether full or partial, including reductions in price) under this Clause will be issued within 14 Calendar Days of the day on which We agree that you are entitled to the refund.
- Any and all refunds issued under this Clause will include all delivery costs paid by you when the Goods were originally purchased.
- For further information on your rights as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- As the manufacturer of the Goods, We guarantee that for a period of 1 year from the date of delivery, the Goods will be free from material defects.
- Our guarantee does not apply to any defects in the Goods caused by:
- Normal wear and tear;
- Deliberate damage and/or misuse of the Goods;
- Accidental damage;
- Failure to use the Goods in accordance with their instructions (where applicable); or
- The alteration or repair of the Goods by you or any third party that is not authorised by Us.
- Our guarantee exists in addition to your legal rights as a consumer (that the Goods match their description, that they are of satisfactory quality and that they are fit for purpose). For Goods that do not match their description, are not of satisfactory quality, or are not fit for purpose, please refer to Clause 9.
- More information on your rights as a consumer can be obtained from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
11. Our Liability to Consumers
- We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of Our breach of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of Our negligence.
- We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is contemplated by you and Us when the Contract is created.
- We only supply Goods for domestic and private use by consumers. We make no warranty or representation that the Goods are fit for commercial, business or industrial use of any kind (including resale). We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business or for any loss of business opportunity.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to limit or exclude Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence (including that of Our employees, agents or sub-contractors); or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit Your legal rights as a consumer.
- For more details of Your legal rights, please refer to Your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
12. Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
- We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
- If any event described under this Clause occurs that is likely to adversely affect Our performance of any of Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions:
- We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible;
- Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions (and therefore the Contract) will be suspended and any time limits that We are bound by will be extended accordingly;
- We will inform you when the event outside of Our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of Goods as necessary.
13. Communication and Contact Details
- If you wish to contact Us with general questions or complaints, you may contact Us via the methods listed on our Contact page.
- For matters relating to faults or returns, please refer to the relevant Clauses above.
14. Complaints and Feedback
- We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
- If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with Us, please contact Us via the methods listed on our Contact page.
15. How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- All personal information that We may collect (including, but not limited to, your name, address and telephone number) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
- We may use your personal information to:
- Provide Our Goods and services to you;
- Process your Order (including payment) for the Goods;
- Inform you of new products and/or services available from Us (if you opt or have previously opted to receive it). You may request that We stop sending you this information at any time.
- We will not pass on your personal information to any third parties.
16. Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
- If you are a consumer, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
- If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.